Recipe of the week
This is courtesy of Nate “The Viking” Schrader…2011 CF Games competitor)
1. Shred 2-3 medium sweet potatoes
2. Pan fry 1/2 pound of bacon in bite-size pieces to desired crispiness
3. Throw in 1 medium chopped onion for a few minutes after bacon is cooked how you like it
4. Dump in shredded sweet potato and salt and pepper to taste
5. Stir together, put a lid on, and let bacon fat/grease cook the sweet potato stirring several times over medium heat (takes 15minutes ish). If it looks like a lot of fat for you, strain out the fat and add back in what you want once you put the sweet potatoes in.
This is the original recipe…there are lots of alternatives like sausage or other meats, white/red potatoes instead of sweet, zucchini or squash instead of sweet potatoes, cayenne pepper or other seasonings to change of the flavor. HOWEVER, the original recipe to me has been the best and is VERY addicting